Welcome to Facilities Management!
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Maryland in its mission of achieving excellence as the State’s primary center of research and graduate education and the institution of choice for undergraduate students of exceptional ability and promise. We are responsible for the physical campus – its academic, research and administrative spaces, the infrastructure that supports the buildings, and the landscape that surrounds them. Our workforce of about 800 employees brings a rich diversity of backgrounds, talents and skills to the management of this complex environment. We serve the campus community twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year.
We create and care for the physical environment that enables the University of Maryland students, faculty and staff to achieve excellence.
To be a collaborative, innovative and inclusive partner that delivers exceptional service to the UMD community.
- Service Excellence: We consistently deliver excellent client experiences.
- Collaboration: We work together with open communication.
- Inclusion: We seek and respect diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Empowerment: We trust and rely on each other to take responsibility.
- Continuous Improvement: We always strive for better.