Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Maryland in its mission of achieving excellence as the State’s primary center of research and graduate education and the institution of choice for undergraduate students of exceptional ability and promise. We are responsible for the physical campus – its academic, research and administrative spaces, the infrastructure that supports the buildings, and the landscape that surrounds them. Our workforce of about 800 employees brings a rich diversity of backgrounds, talents and skills to the management of this complex environment. We serve the campus community twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year.
Facilities Management plans, designs, constructs, equips, maintains and operates buildings, infrastructure and grounds, and provides related services to support the University's mission of education, research and public service.
Facilities Management is regarded as a world-class organization in providing responsible stewardship and development of University facilities and resources.
Our Guiding Principles
- Meet or exceed customer expectations
- Respect the unique needs and contributions of each member of Facilities Management and the University community
- Communicate effectively. Continuously improve responsiveness, cost-effectiveness, and service quality.
- Cultivate teamwork, placing group success ahead of personal goals
- Provide and support a safe, sustainable environment
- Demonstrate leadership and pursue excellence throughout our organization