Capital Projects is responsible for the design and construction of capital projects for the University of Maryland College Park and eight University System of Maryland institutions. Capital Projects also manages capital equipment for College Park capital projects. Annual capital expenditures average $200M.
Capital Projects will be a model nationally recognized organization dedicated to supporting the University System of Maryland’s goal of being a leading public system of higher education. Capital Projects staff consists of a diverse team of professionals, dedicated to providing quality facilities in a safe, timely, cost effective, and environmentally conscious manner.
Capital Projects delivers design, construction and equipment services to support the Universities’ educational and research programs while serving the needs of the State.
The core values of Capital Projects serve as the basis for achieving organizational excellence in the higher education sector.
• Meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Respect the unique needs and contributions of each member of Capital Projects and the University community.
• Communicate effectively.
• Continuously improve responsiveness, cost effectiveness and service quality.
• Cultivate teamwork, placing group success ahead of personal goals.
• Provide and support a safe environment.